My Hospice Ambassadors are a Trusted Voice on Capitol Hill
(Alexandria, Va) – The Hospice Action Network (HAN), an affiliate of the National Hospice and Palliative Care Organization (NHPCO), is pleased to announce the appointments of its new class of My Hospice Ambassadors. My Hospice Ambassadors are advocates selected by HAN to enhance awareness of hospice and palliative care among lawmakers and advance NHPCO’s legislative agenda.
My Hospice Ambassadors establish and maintain significant and continuous relationships with members of Congress and help mobilize hospice and palliative care advocates. Their efforts will help lawmakers and the public understand the value of the Medicare hospice benefit.
“My Hospice Ambassadors are critical allies as we work to educate lawmakers and pass needed hospice and palliative care legislation. We extend a warm welcome to this exceptional class of interdisciplinary professionals, leaders, and supporters who are committed to serving as Ambassadors on behalf of the hospice and palliative care community,” said NHPCO President and CEO Edo Banach.
HAN also thanks Board Members from Axxess, Bluegrass Care Navigators, MJHS Hospice & Palliative Care Program, Sangre de Cristo Community Care, and Seasons Hospice and Palliative Care for nominating members of their interdisciplinary teams.
The following are the newest My Hospice Ambassadors:
- Amber Hawes, Senior Administrator, ProMedica Senior Care (Virginia)
- Bruce Smith, Hospice Medical Director, Providence Hospice of Seattle (Washington)
- Cheri Holdridge, Spiritual Caregiver, Home Care Hospice of Northwest Ohio (Ohio)
- Dave Carper, Chaplain Team Lead, Bluegrass Care Navigators (Kentucky)
- Demetress Harrell, Chief Executive Officer, Hospice in the Pines (Texas)
- Emma Ward, Director of Business Operations, Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Oregon (Oregon)
- John Turski, Medical Director, Bland CO Medical Clinic (Virginia)
- Kilty Brown, Executive Director, Central Wyoming Hospice and Transitions (Wyoming)
- Kristina Sanderson, Community Engagement Leader, Caring Circle/Spectrum Health Lakeland (Michigan)
- Majesca Wong, Music Therapist and Best Practice Specialist, Seasons Hospice & Palliative Care of Houston (Texas)
- Maya Garala, Hospice Team Physician, Visiting Nurse Services of New York (New York)
- Stephanie Hopper, Director of Clinical Services, Hospice of Hope (Kentucky)
- Tartania Brown, Senior Hospice and Palliative Care Physician, MJHS Hospice (New York)
- Tim Ingram, Senior Vice President, Axxess (Texas)
- Trysten Garcia, Marketing & PR Specialist, Sangre de Cristo Community Care (Colorado)
Learn more about the My Hospice Ambassadors program on the HAN website.
Be a Hospice Advocate: Register with the Hospice Action Network’s Legislative Action Center to stay up to date on activity and receive Call to Action Alerts from HAN.
NHPCO and the Hospice Action Network – work closely together to make an impact. NHPCO sets the public policy agenda through its Legislative Affairs Committee. The Hospice Action Network implements the agenda through direct lobbying, grassroots advocacy, and by empowering Hospice Advocates to share their hospice story with Congress. Our mission at HAN is to advocate, with one voice, for policies that ensure the best care for patients and families facing serious illness and the end of life.